Tourist Attractions And Things You Can Do In Cape Town
Beyond the favorite tourist attractions in Cape Town as well as the seemingly endless a number of things to do in Cape Town, you can find few places in the world that may match the scenic diversity of South Africa’s Western Cape. This is where mountains meet with the sea in scenes of dramatic contrast, and rows of vineyards stretch across valleys and hills. From the Garden path to the summit of Table Mountain, from the fishing villages along the West Coast to your welcoming towns regarding the Karoo, the Western Cape is home to a staggering number of must-see attractions.
That Which You’ll Discover
- Explore the Western Cape to find out world-class wines, unspoiled beaches, whale watching, contrasting landscapes (that change as dramatically as the elements), adventure activities, additionally the diverse ecosystems associated with the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, which meet at the southern tip of Africa. Regardless of the beautiful natural surrounds, you will soon discover that the menu of tourist attractions in Cape Town and the Western Cape extend far beyond the typical sun, sea and surf.
- With three incredible Sun International casinos and hotels conveniently positioned to provide you with a great deal of things to do in Cape Town, we’ll make certain you experience the best that this remarkable corner of South Africa has to offer.
Explore Cape Town’s Places Of Interest
- There are many explanations why Cape Town is Africa’s darling. With bragging rights to Table Mountain, its close proximity to Robben Island plus some of the finest beaches in the world, Cape Town promises an unbeatable selection of activities. The menu of things to do in Cape Town is just tied to the duration of your stay as well as your imagination.
- Situated in the V&A Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel enjoys the very best address in Cape Town, and is perfectly positioned within easy reach of the very popular tourist attractions in Cape Town. Not only does the central location provide for easy access to your best Western Cape activities, nevertheless the hotel offers you an extra transfer and tour service as well as ideas and itineraries for things to do in Cape Town.
- Whether it’s culinary delights during the finest restaurants and local eateries, luxury shopping or exploring Cape Town’s unique craft markets. Whether it’s a call to historical South African museums, a taste of the nightlife in trendy Camps Bay or the views from the Table Mountain cableway, The Table Bay hotel offers both half-day and full-day luxury tours to provide you with the most effective experiences that Cape Town, as well as the Western Cape, is offering.
- Explore South Africa’s oldest city and experience its unique diverse cultures, spectacular architecture, historical sights and awe-inspiring scenery.
Top Things You Can Do In Cape Town
- Spend on a daily basis examining the V&A Waterfront. Probably one of the most popular shopping destinations in Africa, the V&A Waterfront is without a doubt the most visited tourist attractions in Cape Town. The Table Bay could be the only hotel with immediate access to the world-class shopping and leisure destination. Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium in the waterfront to explore our unique underwater ecosystems.
- Take a ferry over the bay to explore Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was once imprisoned. The guided tour through the prison will provide you with unique understanding of a remarkable chapter of South Africa’s history. Whether you’ve got planned a short trip or a leisurely vacation – this really is one of the more historically significant locations in South Africa – and, therefore, one of the top places of interest in Cape Town.
- For history buffs who want more, there’s a whole menu of choices to explore in Cape Town, from The Castle of great Hope to the museums around the historic Company’s Gardens. Take a trip through the colourful neighbourhoods of Bo-Kaap and historic District 6.
- Catch the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway into the summit of Table Mountain for some of South Africa’s most well-known views. Or follow among the numerous hiking trails that lead from the hustle and bustle for the city through the Table Mountain National Park.
- Have a picnic during the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. It has to be in your variety of activities to do in Cape Town during the summer.
- Discover Cape Town’s culinary delights and eat at a few of South Africa’s best restaurants, including our very own Camissa, which hands over delectable fare by Executive Chef at The Table Bay, Jocelyn Myers-Adams. From hidden gems over the Constantia Wine Route like La Colombe, to inner-city gastronomical destinations like The Test Kitchen, Cape Town is a food-lover’s paradise.
- You will want to take part in the ultimate foodie experience and go on a Table Bay Food Foraging tour? This original guided adventure through the town will provide you with an insight to the abundance of food growing on our doorsteps. Plus, Executive Chef Jocelyn Myers-Adams will turn your foraged bounty into a gourmet feast, in your honour.
- Spend your day at one of Cape Town’s incredible beaches. There’s a reason the beaches for the Mother City remain popular tourist attractions in Cape Town, year in year out for guests from around the whole world.
- If entertainment is what you are after, why not check out GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World? Home to the only ice rink in Cape Town, plus the biggest casino when you look at the Western Cape, you are spoiled for choice at GrandWest. It is one of the most fun activities to do in Cape Town when it rains.
- For the best Cape Town live entertainment acts that start around cabaret to international performers, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is when you intend to be.
Cape Town could be the jewel associated with the Western Cape, but there are many places to explore within easy reach associated with city centre. And with luxury tour services available as a guest for the Table Bay, exactly what are you waiting around for?
Top Attractions And Activities Near Cape Town
Top attractions and activities for day trips near Cape Town.
- Find the South Peninsula that stretches from world-famous Chapman’s Peak through Noordhoek and Simonstown to South Africa’s most dramatic stretch of coastline: Cape Point. The “warmer” bays for the South Peninsula form a picturesque backdrop to quaint seaside towns like Kalk Bay and Muizenberg, which can make for an enjoyable day of vintiquing. Our half-day South Peninsula luxury tour also includes an optional boat day at Seal Island and a call to Boulders Beach, home of a unique penguin colony.
- Just an hour’s drive from The Table Bay hotel in Cape Town, the estates of this Cape Winelands are well-known for producing award-winning wines as well as serving incredible haute cuisine. Set against imposing mountains, the lush valleys of the winelands are yours to discover on a Table Bay hotel Winelands Tour, which includes cellar tours and tastings at among the better wineries in the area.
- Do you realize? The Western Cape attracts a bevy of filmmakers from abroad for the diversity of locations being offered. It’s a full world of destinations in a single readily available province, helping to make sense then that the West Coast feels as though somewhere out from the Mediterranean. Whitewashed fishing cottages and grey landscapes make up this stretch of shoreline, but come spring, the veld explodes in a burst of colourful wildflowers.
- If you are in Cape Town during September, make per day from it and go out to Hermanus for some satisfying whale watching.
The Gateway To The Boland
- The Golden Valley Casino and Lodge offers plenty of things to do in Worcester, from playing slots and tables at the most intimate casino in the Western Cape to enjoying regular live entertainment at Winners Sports Bar. Spend the afternoon poolside in the Golden Valley Lodge while the kids are entertained at Harry’s Corner, or make a meal from it at family-friendly Kuipers restaurant.
- The Golden Valley Casino and Lodge also gives the perfect launchpad from where to explore the Boland and the many activities and attractions that this famously hospitable part of the Western Cape has to offer. From olive tasting to river rafting, there’s an adventure together with your name onto it.
Top Things To Do Near Golden Valley
- With Franschhoek and Paarl just around the corner, you have use of some of the best wine estates in your community, including Babylonstoren. For a distinctive winelands experience, opt for the hop-on hop-off winelands tram, which chugs past several notable estates. Alternatively, explore the Worcester wine route that forms section of Cape Route 62, the longest wine route in the world.
- Wildlife lovers can go on safari at nearby Big 5 Fairy Glen Private Game Reserve, while botany enthusiasts will like examining the Karoo Desert National Botanical Gardens, famous for being the only true succulent gardens into the Southern Hemisphere.
- Play a round of golf during the Gary Player-designed Worcester Golf Club, or get your thrills rafting down the Breede River.
The essential sought-after places of interest in Cape Town are yours to enjoy when sticking to Sun International. Whatever it is you’re to locate in terms of things to do in Cape Town, Sun International has you covered with a wide range of activities and experiences.